Monday, May 31, 2010

Urban Pantry Update

The twelve weeks since I launched my rooftop gardens project in Happyzine's Dream to Reality competition have flown by. Since then I've christened the venture Urban Pantry, spread the word about what I'm doing to hundreds of people, forged relationships with numerous people and organisations who can help me out in various ways, applied for funding, spent many hours researching rooftop garden design and construction, and plenty more besides. 

I have some exciting news to share with you. I've secured a roof that I can set up a garden on to demonstrate what is possible. 

We intend to position several large wooden planters around the edges of the space. The tenant is keen to try his hand at growing vegetables there, and if he's successful he intends to donate some of the produce to the City Mission. The next step is to secure funding for the tools and materials needed to set up the garden.

I'm having a blast, and hope to be able to share lots more exciting announcements with you over the coming months. There are a number of ways you can keep up to date with what's happening and opportunities to get involved. 
  • Join the Urban Pantry Facebook group.
  • Read my fortnightly updates on Happyzine.
  • Read about developments, vote for me and leave a comment on my Pure Futures page.
  • Sign up for Urban Pantry's monthly email newsletter. The first edition will go out next month.
Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment