Thursday, March 18, 2010

Help me name my rooftop food gardens project

I recently won the Dream to Reality competition with my proposal to create rooftop food gardens on city apartment buildings. Since then I've been busy researching, planning and connecting with lots of new, amazing people. When I write to or talk to new people about what I'm doing I find myself describing it as "rooftop food gardens for people living in apartment blocks in the city" or a similar but equally clunky phrase. Now that I'm thinking about things like setting up a website and sharing what I'm doing with loads more people, I think the project needs a snappy, catchy and generally awesome-sounding name to go by. I've done a brain dump and come up with 11 possibilities. But, many minds are always better than one, so I'd like to know what you think of my ideas and whether you can think of some more awesome name ideas. Here's what I came up with (in no particular order):

Growing on Top
Green on Top
Urban Vegetables
Food from Above
Fifth Facade Gardens/Gardeners
Veges in the City
Rooftop Harvest
City Harvest
Urban Harvest
Harvest the City
Cultivate the City

Thoughts? Please let me know if you love or hate any of these ideas by commenting below. If you have other suggestions please share them too.

7 comments:

  1. Shorter: skyGardens? I also love the "Food from Above" idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Iona and Shaun. I've got another idea to throw in the mix that someone suggested to me: Food from the Top

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about the religious connotations associated with the word 'Above.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you had any ideas around the idea of bringing the community together through gardening?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Em,

    Some of these are really nice!

    We've been chucking some names around and then remembered that we should really ask you about what you want your brand to be.

    It could be cute and friendly with a name like Green Top, or elegant and earnest like City Harvest or Rooftop Green.

    Want to come in and we'll chat about your brand values? Then we can all do a white board session together and nail down some names that reflect them.

    Choice as to the maximum,
    Keren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thinking Keren. I'll get in touch about that.

    ReplyDelete