Friday, February 26, 2010

Help me win the Dream to Reality competition!

Roof garden in southern California - Image by pbev 

I'm taking part in a competition called Dream to Reality. I had to submit a big environmental goal I want to achieve in my community this year. I proposed establishing food gardens on the rooftops of apartment buildings in the central business district of my city (Auckland, New Zealand). I live in a central city apartment myself, and have always wished for some green space to cultivate. Being able to grow healthy, nutritious food right where we live would be so valuable for the lifestyles of inner-city dwellers, and if done communally would help us to connect with others who live near to us, helping to create a community spirit in the inner city. Rooftop food growing could have considerable environmental benefits, such as reducing carbon emissions from food transportation, helping to control temperature in apartment buildings and helping to control stormwater run-off. 

If I win the Dream to Reality Competition I'll receive mentoring, support and publicity to help me bring my dream to reality. If you would like to help make it happen, please head over to my entry page and watch my video and read my proposal to find out more. Then you can vote at the bottom of the page by clicking the 'thumb up' icon. 

If you have any thoughts, suggestions or helpful links, please feel free to post them in the comments section of either this page or the entry page. Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment